Better for you ;
- Fabric made from bamboo is incredibly soft
- Bamboo fabric is smooth and luxuriously comfortable
- 'Bamboo Dry' - absorbs and evaporates sweat in a split second. It doesn't stick to the skin. It's extraordinary natural breathability keeps you comfortable and dry for longer.
- 'Bamboo Cool' - bamboo fabric stays around 2 degrees cooler in hot weather and also keeps you significantly warmer in the cold. Keeping you more comfortable in all temperatures - 'Air conditioned clothing'
- 'Bamboo Fresh' - bamboo is antibacterial, forever. By killing almost all bacteria, bamboo stays fresher and odour free for longer, is more hygienic and healthier.
- For sensitive or allergy prone skin, bamboo is perfect, for several reasons listed more fully below.
Bamboo is incredibly soft
That's just the way it is, naturally. Wearing a bamboo T-shirt for example, is like wearing cashmere, but for next to the skin.
Bamboo is smooth and luxuriously comfortable
At a microscopic level, bamboo fibre has a round surface. Because of this, it's very smooth and sits perfectly next to the skin. Petrol based synthetic fibres can sometimes irritate the skin and they also start to smell really quickly!
Wicks away moisture keeping you comfortable and dry. Bamboo is the fastest growing plant in the world, mainly because it has extraordinary water absorbency which helps it to grow fast. In fabric form it retains this unique, remarkable property. It's 3-4 times more absorbent than cotton. It 'wicks' away moisture from the body which then evaporates, keeping you - naturally - drier and more comfortable. When combined with 'Bamboo Thermo-control' qualities, you have an incredibly flexible addition to your wardrobe..
'Bamboo Cool' 2-3 degrees cooler in warm weather
Bamboo is remarkably breathable. In the heat, bamboo is naturally cool to the touch and this property is maintained in it's fabric form. The cross-section of the bamboo fiber is filled with various micro-gaps and micro-holes. It has much better moisture absorption and ventilation. With this unparalleled micro-structure, bamboo clothing can - to a point, obviously - absorb and evaporate human sweat in a split second. As such, bamboo clothing makes people feel cooler and more comfortable in hot weather. It never sticks to the skin. According to authoritative testing figures, clothing made from bamboo fibers are around 2 degrees lower than normal clothing in hot weather. It's also very warm in cold weather, because of the same micro structure.
'Bamboo Fresh' – Antibacterial function
Bamboo is antibacterial, antifungal and anti-static. In the wild, bamboo thrives naturally without using any pesticides or fertilisers. It is seldom eaten by pests or infected by pathogens. Why? Scientists found that bamboo owns a unique anti-bacteria and bacteriostasis bio-agent named "bamboo kun". This substance bonds tightly with bamboo cellulose molecules during the normal process of bamboo fibre growth. This natural feature is retained in fabric form.
Organic clothing made from bamboo has particular natural anti-bacterial functions, bacteriostasis and deodorization value. Its test results shows over 70% death rate after bacteria was incubated on bamboo fibre fabric. In addition, tests by the Japanese Textile Inspection Association found that, even after fifty times of washing, bamboo fabric still possessed these functions.
Therefore all our products are guaranteed to be odour resistant, staying fresher for longer, because the fabric – naturally - stops bacteria from spreading. As a result, they're also healthier and more hygienic.
Bamboo clothing's natural anti-bacteria function differs greatly from that of man-made chemical antimicrobial fabrics, which often tend to cause skin problems.
Bamboo clothing is strong and durable.
Repeated tests show this, and also that bamboo fibre has a high abrasion-proof capacity and also tenacity. The same bamboo used for scaffolding to build skyscrapers in Hong Kong was always going to be strong!
For sensitive or allergy prone skin, bamboo is perfect
- Lack of harsh chemical treatments which can irritate skin
- Fibre is smooth and round, so is a non-irritant
- Naturally occurring, antibacterial 'bamboo kun' resists the spread of bacteria on the skin without any adverse affects, such as abrasion or irritation.
Better for the Environment
- Bamboo is 100% naturally grown, without assistance from man. Our bamboo is 100% sustainable
- Bamboo thrives naturally without using any pesticides or fertilizers
- The whole distilling and pulping process is as natural as we can make it.
- Bamboo fibre is 100% biodegradable
- As the fastest growing plant in the world, bamboo grows to its maximum height in about 3 months and reaches maturity in 3-4 years. It spreads rapidly across large areas. Because of this, bamboo is known to improve soil quality in degraded and eroded areas of land.
- If organic clothing made from bamboo becomes popular, it means more bamboo plantations, which means more photosynthesis and less greenhouse gas. "The greatest challenge facing mankind" would get just a little easier.
- Synthetic fabrics are made from petrochemicals, a non-renewable fossil fuel. They go to make clothes which get smelly really quickly.
- Organic clothing made from bamboo is nature's answer to our needs for everyday fabric, in an environmentally sustainable form. It's just our luck that it's so much better as well!
BENEFITS OF BAMBOO CLOTHING
Bamboo clothing is an excellent organic choice and it has many benefits and advantages over cotton. Bamboo fabric is softer than cotton with a texture similar to silk. It is a naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic product grown without the use of chemicals or pesticides. It is also quick to absorb moisture, therefore keeping you dry and odour free. Pure bamboo clothes can dry twice as fast as cotton clothes. Bamboo clothes can be worn all year round as they keep you cool in summer and warm in winter.
The environmental benefits of bamboo clothing are numerous. Bamboo plants are very quick growers and do not require fertilisers or pesticides for a successful crop. They also require very little water and they can survive drought conditions as well as flooding. Bamboo is a sustainable and renewable resource as the bamboo plant is self replenishing. New shoots are continuously growing, ready to replace the old ones.
Another benefit of bamboo is that it releases a significant amount of oxygen into the atmosphere, more so than trees. Planting bamboo can help reduce the level of carbon dioxide in the air as well as reducing soil erosion and desertisation. The complex root system of bamboo plants makes them an excellent choice for planting in high erosion areas such as riverbanks and areas subject to mud slides. They are also suitable for planting in areas which have suffered significant soil degradation and deforestation.
Bamboo fabric is created from bamboo pulp. The fabric is bleached without the use of chlorine. Bamboo fabric is easy to dye and is done so without the use of harsh chemicals and using methods which use less water than conventional dyeing methods.
The production of bamboo fabric and clothing therefore has a lower impact on the environment than conventional cotton farming methods.